You may call us at 636-343-3839 any time of day, 7 days a week. If after normal business hours or on a weekend your call will be directed to our on-call nurse.
Information necessary to start referral buyambienmed.com process: (Most information is on the patients Face Sheet)
- Patients full name
- Referring diagnosis
- H&P or information showing why the patient is being referred to Alternative Hospice
- Family / Responsible Party / Power of Attorney’s name and phone number or how we can get in touch with them
- Where the patient currently residing
- Payer source name and insurance identification number including Medicare D
- Current medication list
- The patient’s primary physician and phone number if available
- Obtain physician’s order for hospice to evaluate and treat if appropriate
Information only referral:
If the patient/family would like an informational meeting to discuss hospice, all of the information requested above is not necessary. Just have them call us or provide us with their contact information and we will initiate a face-to-face consultation at no charge.
How the referral process works:
- Call the office number 636-343-3839 to initiate contact. We will take the information listed above over the phone or you may fax or email to us. The fax number is 636-343-6367. The intake coordinator’s email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We will contact the patient/family to set up an appointment. Note: Hospice cannot place a patient on services without the legal papers signed by the Power of Attorney, responsible party or the patient if they are their own responsible party.
- The nurse will need to evaluate the patient, reconcile medications, assess any equipment needs, and collect all necessary paperwork. If the patient meets hospice criteria, our team will complete an informational meeting and sign consent forms.
- Once the nurse completes the initial nursing assessment and paperwork, the patient will officially be admitted.
- If you need any other help or assistance with the admission process please contact our office -we are glad to help.